Petey

I'm a software engineer who just graduated and is now working in the field of video game development. Awesome, right! Don't try to talk me into spilling the beans about what game I'm working on. My lips are sealed! I'm a 24 years old guy and from as far as I can remember, I loved playing video games ...

Save the crystal of Earth!

Posted by Petey Friday, August 17, 2012


Hey guys!

So... I took my first trip to the biggest flee market in my region. I managed to put my hands on some games. Some of them are boxed Super Nintendo games!

First flea market pickups

I bought everything for 85 bucks from two different stands. I saw some other rare games, but they were very overpriced for their condition. I saw a Chrono Trigger cartridge with the label torn out with a price of 80$... No thanks! I must admit, for a first time, I overestimated some games. Here's the list of my pickups :
Game C I B Console Bought Value
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest 9 7 6 Super Nintendo $25.00 $20.00
Ultima VI: The False Prophet 9 - 7 Super Nintendo $10.00 $8.00
Warlock 9 8 7 Super Nintendo $10.00 $10.00
Nightmare Creatures 6 - - Nintendo 64 $5.00 $4.00
Fear Effect 9 8 8 Playstation $20.00 $8.00
Fear Effect 2 - Retro Helix 3 7 7 Playstation $15.00 $10.00

SNES games

I went even with those. The boxes were all in good conditions so they were worth it. Ultima does not have anything to hold the cart and no manual which is bad cause its value is not what I paid for.


Fear Effect games

I admit that I did a bad move on this one. I got emotional cause I loved this game. The first one is in really good condition, but still not worth the 20 bucks. The second one is good for the case and manual, but the disk have huge "VOID" sticker on them and it's badly scratch behind it making it hard to justify what I paid.


Nightmare Creatures

Well, this is another emotional buy. I truly enjoyed playing this back then and I could not resist it when the guy lowered the price to 5$. This is the average price for it so it's not so bad.

Verdict : I need to stop getting emotional around games. I throw out too much cash on games I could get in better quality on Ebay. At least, I saved a bit of money from shipping rates.

Save the crystal of Earth! (Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, 1992)

- Petey

0 comments

Post a Comment

Chrono Trigger

SNES - MINT Condition
125$-175$

Earthbound

SNES - VERY GOOD Condition
350$-450$

Resident Evil (Longbox)

PS1 - FACTORY SEALED
400$-500$

Resident Evil 2

PS1 - FACTORY SEALED (Black Label)
150$

Resident Evil 2

PS1 - FACTORY SEALED (Black Label)
100$