Petey

I'm a software engineer who just graduated and is now working in the field of video game development. Awesome, right! Don't try to talk me into spilling the beans about what game I'm working on. My lips are sealed! I'm a 24 years old guy and from as far as I can remember, I loved playing video games ...

Welcome! This is Dinosaur land

Posted by Petey Sunday, August 5, 2012


Hey guys!

So, first thing first. Before starting my collection, I have to decide what are my short and long term objectives and I have to check what was already gathering dust somewhere in my house.

What is my main goal here? Since the Super Nintendo is my favorite console, I'll start with it... and I will go all in! I've decided I will try to gather all registered games, all in their original box with their original manual. It might sound crazy, but with time, I'm sure I can get this really far. I might not get all 726 of them, but I'm sure I can get most of them. My first games will probably be some from my childhood. You got to start with games you enjoy playing, right!

Going all in with those does not mean I will leave other games to rot. Whenever I'll see a game that I think is worth the price, I will get it.

Next, I need to know what I'm starting with. I'm basically starting from scratch! Here's the list of the loose carts I have :

  • Aladdin (Disney's)
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Final Fantasy II
  • Killer Instinct
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mortal Kombat II
  • Mortal Kombat 3
  • NBA Jam
  • Street Fighter II
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario World


Front and side view of my loose carts

Most of the cartridges are in good shape, but few are yellowish or have some damage on them. For everyone that really looked at the pictures closely, you can see that I left out two games from the list. That's because I have those game in, oh so badly conserved, boxes :
  • Donkey Kong Country 2 : Diddy's Kong Quest
  • Final Fantasy III

Front and side view of my boxed games

As you can see, I don't have alot. I don't even know if that's worth 200 bucks. But, you have to start somewhere and when you start down the barrel, that's when the progress gets epic. I will track my inventory through a list on this blog. I will try to link to pictures and evaluate the value of each game so I can value my collection.

Welcome! This is Dinosaur land. (Super Mario World, 1990)

- Petey

0 comments

Post a Comment

Chrono Trigger

SNES - MINT Condition
125$-175$

Earthbound

SNES - VERY GOOD Condition
350$-450$

Resident Evil (Longbox)

PS1 - FACTORY SEALED
400$-500$

Resident Evil 2

PS1 - FACTORY SEALED (Black Label)
150$

Resident Evil 2

PS1 - FACTORY SEALED (Black Label)
100$